Your Siding Matters
The weather can throw a lot at your home, and siding is your first line of defense. Improperly installed or failing siding can cause all kinds of problems, from leaks and water damage to drafts leading to high utility bills.
When installed correctly, siding should protect your home for many years. Still, there are a few reasons why your home may need new siding, and it’s always important to be vigilant for these issues:
- Warped siding can allow water to get behind it, causing damage to the studs and interior walls
- Rotted siding can occur after years of exposure to the elements. If you have wood siding, peeling paint and crumbling wood are telltale signs.
- Sun or storm damage may affect either vinyl or wood siding and has the potential to expose your home to further damage.
At Bear Roofing & Exteriors, we make sure your siding is installed right so you don’t have to worry about these issues. Siding can also add to the overall style of your home, and our team of siding specialists goes the extra mile to ensure that your home is not only secure but looks its best.
Bear Roofing & Exteriors has over 20 years of experience siding homes of all kinds. We understand that every home is different, and we offer several siding options to match your home’s unique style and needs:
- Hardieplank Siding (Cement Board) is durable, termite resistant, and gives you the look of wood siding with less maintenance.
- Vinyl Siding is both long-lasting and affordable, with endless options and very little maintenance required.
- Steel and Aluminum Siding is durable, low-maintenance, insect-resistant, and helps fight off moisture and mold growth. It can also increase the value of your home.
Soffit and Fascia
In addition to the siding itself, your home’s soffit and fascia are two important components to keep an eye on. Both are susceptible to damage.
- Soffit is the exposed siding beneath your roof’s overhang. It provides a layer of protection and aids attic airflow.
- Fascia is the exposed board on the front of your home’s overhang. It supports the last row of shingles and offers a place for gutters to connect.
From roofing and siding to gutters and windows, Bear Roofing & Exteriors is dedicated to being your trusted partner through all exterior home improvement projects. Contact us today to learn about how we can work together to keep your home in tip-top shape.